Traditional Course: The class is scheduled for 27.25 hours and includes lecture, demonstration, as well as land and water activities. Upon completion of the course, each candidate will receive certifications in:
- CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- First Aid/Prevention of Disease Transmission
Candidates will receive a rescue breathing mask for use during and after the class
Blended Learning: The American Red Cross Lifeguard Review blended program trains lifeguards to act with speed and confidence in emergency situations both in and out of the water. It combines online learning with onsite sessions conducted by a Red Cross-certified instructor.
Online learning allows students to complete lessons when and where they want, while onsite time focuses on the practice of lifesaving skills. Students arrive onsite already familiar with the skills that will be practiced there. The class is comprised of 7 hours of e-learning pre-work and 19 hours, 55 minutes of in-class time.
- Come in to sign the Lifeguard Class Waiver IF YOU ARE NOT 18 YEARS OLD, A PARENT MUST BE PRESENT AT OUR FACILITY TO SIGN THE FORM.
- Register for the class dates you want and Pay for the class in full ($200)
- Sign up for your pre-test – must be passed prior to the first day of the class. Pre-test must be taken at least 7 days prior to the class to eligible for partial refund**please refer to waiver for details **
- Tread water for 2 minutes (using only the legs) Candidates should place their hands under their armpits
- Swim 300 yards continuously, demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both, but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
- Timed brick retrieval (1 minute 40 seconds) – starting in the water, swim 20 yds. Swim goggles are not allowed. Surface dive, feet first or head first, to a depth of 7-10 ft to retrieve a 10lb object. Return to the surface and swim 20 yds on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface to breathe. Exit the water without using a ladder or steps
Cancellation policy: $50 is NON REFUNDABLE if the class is canceled or if the candidate is unable to perform pre-requisite skills.
LG REVIEW COURSE: $110, PLEASE CONTACT US FOR CLASS AVAILABILITY